Saturday, June 6, 2009

Do you believe in supernatural beings?

Recently my 8 years old brother almost stepped onto some offerings outside while going to market with my Mum in the morning. He was stepping the ants beside the offerings and that made my Mum ultra mad at him that day. -.- Buddhists are superstitious, you know. Mum was worried sick about my brother and kept questioning him whether he did step on the offerings.

Coincident or what, he had diarrhea the next 2 days. So my Mum brought him over to some kind of indoor temple to ask for advices from the deities. Thank God after checking, my brother didn't step onto it but we were still advised to go back the same spot and offer apologies with offerings. Also, i got a amulet there to protect me when i'm enlisted to the army. haha.

I heard about many creepy stories related to these as well, be it in the army/camp or 7th lunar month of the year. Sometimes i'm really curious if such beings actually exist but of course, i wouldn't want to witness it at all lol.

I just wish for a smooth 2 years in the army.